Friday, January 9, 2009

We've Arrived

Well, we've made it to Spokane. We drove with little incident for four days and pulled into a winter wonderland. Spokane got killed with snow this winter and when we got here there was about three and a half feet of snow everywhere. Warning about Spokane: their snow removal system in terrible! There was about three or four inches of ice on all the roads and store parking lots. All the driving made huge gouges in the ice --we were bouncing so much it felt like we were four wheeling! I think Kam has already pushed out about five people who were stuck in these lovely rivets. Kam has started work and seems to like it just fine. I, on the other hand, haven't done much but unpack boxes and go to a few stores. Unfortunately, here are the two best parts of our new apartment...


Here is our lovely living room


The second bedroom, aka: the dumping ground

All the other rooms are pretty much set up...I'll post pictures when the apartment is complete.

Not much else has gone on here--except when all the snow started melting at once and a bulldozer had to come rip up the our apartment's yard to get to the storm drain so we wouldn't flood (that's the most excitement I've seen so far). Although being unemployed has it's benefits, the new job search starts on Monday. Hopefully Spokane is in need of social workers like they are in need of more snow plows.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you made it safely! Good luck with that snow, though. My, my.

Lynzee said...

Happy New Year! Looks like you've done a good job of getting your apartment livable quickly. Good luck with the job hunt. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Emily:

I saw your blog link on your Facebook page, and I must admit I so prefer blogs to the overwhelming mess that is Facebook, so now I am going to blog-stalk you!

p.s. If you ever want to visit Logan (And who wouldn't, really?) you know who to call.