Well, today has consisted of scrubbing wall after wall followed by cleaning blind after blind. All our things are off in the moving truck. Kam is at a doctor appointment (see previous post) and when he comes home we will pack up the car and drive off. It is strange to sit in an empty apartment and even stranger to think that life as I knew it for the past two and half years will be completely different. All though I am excited to move on from St. Louis, I can't help but be a little sad. I have learned so much from moving to a big city that I knew nothing about and where I knew no one. I had a challenging job that has stretched me beyond what I thought I could do. I have had an amazing ward full of amazing people (thanks for all the help moving guys!). I have grown to love a lot of things about St. Louis. I finally know how to get around and I have my favorite stores and restaurants. I love how excited everyone gets over the Cardinals (and it was awesome to live here when they won the world series). In other words--St. Louis felt like home for awhile. But now we move on to somewhere I am hoping will be more permanent (maybe not the apartment we are moving to but the city at least). I will tell you one thing I will miss--the weather was in the 60s today and apparently Spokane continues to double all their snow records. I guess the only other thing I can say is...Spokane, here we come! (The picture is of my empty living room (except for the computer, obviously)).
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Spokane or Bust
Well, today has consisted of scrubbing wall after wall followed by cleaning blind after blind. All our things are off in the moving truck. Kam is at a doctor appointment (see previous post) and when he comes home we will pack up the car and drive off. It is strange to sit in an empty apartment and even stranger to think that life as I knew it for the past two and half years will be completely different. All though I am excited to move on from St. Louis, I can't help but be a little sad. I have learned so much from moving to a big city that I knew nothing about and where I knew no one. I had a challenging job that has stretched me beyond what I thought I could do. I have had an amazing ward full of amazing people (thanks for all the help moving guys!). I have grown to love a lot of things about St. Louis. I finally know how to get around and I have my favorite stores and restaurants. I love how excited everyone gets over the Cardinals (and it was awesome to live here when they won the world series). In other words--St. Louis felt like home for awhile. But now we move on to somewhere I am hoping will be more permanent (maybe not the apartment we are moving to but the city at least). I will tell you one thing I will miss--the weather was in the 60s today and apparently Spokane continues to double all their snow records. I guess the only other thing I can say is...Spokane, here we come! (The picture is of my empty living room (except for the computer, obviously)).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pics about your new adventures in Spokane -
Have you read the book ' in defense of food'? I just finished it and I think you would really like it.
I was sorry to miss you guys during Christmas, I hear you were in the old neighborhood - hopefully one year we will all be in town at the same time.
Look who it is! Darling Emily! It is Krysta from the good old days at Media Play! I found you through Lindsay's blog and am going to enjoy catching up on you!
Good luck with your move, Emily! Another adventure in another new place to check off your list. I love how new places become familiar after a little while and which before too long really feel like home.
Post a Comment