Friday, January 30, 2009

Tag!


I was tagged on Facebook to write 25 random facts about me. It took me a long time so I thought I would post it on my blog too in case you are curious:

1. In one day I was tagged for this 4 times.

2. I was born in Henderson, NV, grew up in Provo, UT, went to college in Logan, UT, lived for 2 1/2 years in St. Louis, MO, and am currently living in Spokane, WA where I have lived for the past month.

3. I have been married for 6 years to the most wonderful guy ever! We are still madly in love and I would marry him again if I had the choice--no second thoughts.

4. I graduated in social work and worked in foster care in St. Louis for two years. I am currently on the job hunt in Spokane for another social work job.

5. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and love being one

6. I am a vegetarian and love being one

7. I have been obsessed with music my whole life but married someone who doesn't care about music whatsoever (he's a good balance for me).

8. I have a very strict bedtime routine. I have to brush my teeth for two minutes (I have a clock in the bathroom with a second hand--I am very precise). I then have to floss my teeth and wear my retainer. My make-up has to be washed off. I have to have said my prayers. I have to be in pajamas. If one of these things is not completed I absolutely cannot fall asleep. I am serious.

9. I don't watch a lot of TV but there are a few shows I love: Biggest Loser, Lost, The Office. I also love Gillmore Girls (Niki lent me all the seasons on DVD, I wasted WAY too much time watching them).

10. I am an avid recycler and I bring my own reusable bags to the grocery store

11. I am a work-out Nazi. You can find me at the gym five days a week.

12. One of my goals in life is to age well (hence #6 and #11). If there is a disease I can prevent by lifestyle--I want to do it.

13. I never go out into public without make-up. I think I get that from my mom. Even if I go to the gym early in the morning I put on some eye shadow and lip gloss. Pathetic, I know.

14. I have a blog and am obsessed with people commenting on it. I check it everyday to see if I have any comments. Comments make me feel like people are actually reading what I send out into cyber-space. If you read my blog, please leave a comment:)

15. I love to read--Chaim Potok is my favorite writer. If you haven't ever read any of his books, please do. He is amazing. I would start with The Chosen.

16. I love to cook. I create detailed, weekly menus. I love cookbooks, I love grocery shopping, I love finding new recipes. I love the challenge of finding meatless main dishes.

17. I love board games. I love Clue because I always win. I also love Settlers of Catan but I never win.

18. Some favorite movies: Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice (BBC and new one), Chocolat, Little Women, Sense and Sensibility, Nacho Libre, Oscar, The Princess Bride, Dan in Real Life.

19. I had braces on my teeth when I lived in St. Louis. I have wanted them ever since I was a kid and finally could afford them when I was 24. I only had to wear them for 11 months. They were completely worth it.

20. I avoid confrontation like the plague. I like to be on good terms with everyone. I never stir things up. I tend to like everyone unless I think they are mean (and even then I make exceptions).

21. I am a perfectionist. I do not like to do anything unless I know I can do it perfectly. I do not like to start anything unless I am 99% sure I will be successful. I am not a risk taker.

22. I eventually want to get my master's degree in social work and be a therapist

23. When I am done with this list Kam and I are going to venture out to downtown Spokane. It is going to be 40 degrees today! Hooray!

24. I worked for Home Depot for five years. I worked in four different departments and worked in three different stores. I met my husband there. If you have any flooring or paint questions--I'm your gal.

25. I have three brothers and no sisters. My brothers are awesome. When we get together, we are such smart alecs and just laugh and tease each other. They're the best.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can totally empathize with Comment Fever, so here is mine for you. You're great, Emily! Reading your list over does nothing if not remind me of all the reasons you are my friend. Love you, dear!

The Jungle Explorer said...

So, after reading your list I've realized that we have a ton in common - who knew? I became a vegetarian back in May and have loved it so far. It was difficult at first, but we're getting the hang of it. I'm also a workout Nazi, although not at the moment. If you tried running with an extra 40-60 lbs., you'd know why. And I totally agree with #12. I was also the same or close on 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 17, 18, and 21. It was kind of creepy.

Krysta said...

my husband makes fun of my bedtime routine all the time. He thinks Im crazy for spending so much time in the bathroom before I go to bed.