Over the past little while I've been catching a glimpse of the Spokane I envisioned.
Kam and I are currently house hunting--we are going out with our Realtor for the first time tomorrow. Kam and I have done a little scouting ourselves and have been pleasantly surprised by some of the Spokane neighborhoods we've seen. Places I wouldn't mind living.
Then we went hiking around Mt. Spokane yesterday--pictures below. Absolutely gorgeous and only 40 minutes away. Spokane is turning green and it's beautiful. We walked around Manito Park today and it was beautiful. Lake Ceour d'Alene was beautiful.
I'm getting the feeling living in Spokane may soon become beautiful to me too.
Still lots of snow on the mountain! I loved hiking in it--it was still warm outside and I loved the parodox of being warm wearing shorts and a t-shirt tromping through snow.
Here is one of those awkward pictures where Kam stuck out the camera in front of us. I just really wanted a picture of us together instead of our usual separate ones.
P.S. Don't let this post deter you from coming to visit us! We would make sure you had a fabulous time!
1 comment:
You know, every time we've moved somewhere new, it's always taken me about a year to get to the point where I truly love the place and the people in it -- the point where I'd be really, really sad if I had to leave it. Muncie could definitely be described as a city down on its luck, but I still miss it there. Brooklyn definitely has some things about it that I would not miss, but I guess I've been here long enough now that I feel connected to it and it would definitely be hard to leave. While I waited to reach that point, I'd just have to fake how much I enjoyed myself there -- fake it till you make it, you know? Give Spokane a little more time and more faking it and before you know you'll love it as much as any other place you've lived that you've grown to love.
Post a Comment