My Birthday
Happy Birthday to Me! I am now in my latter mid-twenties (my mom told me that turning 27 meant that I was in my late twenties--I'm not having that). Now I'm not someone who enjoys any kind of attention--with the exception of my birthday. On my birthday, bring it on.
I woke up to this:
Presents on the table, flowers, candy, breakfast. Yes, my husband is amazing thank you very much.
Kam picked me from work for lunch and I was able to parade Kam around the clinic--"Attention everyone, this is my hot husband." I love doing that. I came home and opened some very thoughtful presents and we went out and stuffed ourselves full of Mexican food, rented some movies, and fell asleep on the couch. It really doesn't get much better than that.
Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day. We didn't want to waste it. We got out our bikes and rode the Centennial Trail out to Coeur D'Alene Lake--it was beautiful and our bottoms hurt like the dickens after our three hour ride. It was a great day to be together. I know we never have pictures of us together--but it's always just the two of us. We need to be more brave and enlist the help of strangers to take some pictures of us.
Mother's Day
I wanted to find a picture of just me and my mom--it was impossible--mostly because my mom hates having pictures taken of her. I'm posting one of my favorite pictures of my mom--she is chasing my nephew, Dallin. I've been working on adoption paperwork this week and there are a lot of questions about the family I grew up in. I wrote about what my mom is like, what her discipline strategies were, and what our relationship is now. As I thought about all these questions, I couldn't help but be so grateful to my mother. She has been kind, loving, and nurturing my whole life. She taught me about the Gospel and what it means to be a dedicated wife and mother--she has sacrificed so much for her family and I am eternally indebted to her. I call my mom every Sunday--every time she picks up the phone she says "Hi Emily!" in this very excited and loving way--I keep thinking she's going to get tierd of me or used to me but she never does. I look forward to her greeting every week. And I also look forward to her ending each conversation with "I love you to the max!" Mom, I love you to the max too. Happy Mother's Day.

Our Anniversary
It's also our 7th Anniversary! I am still madly in love with that boy I met in the Home Depot hardware department all those years ago. I wouldn't trade my man for the world. Here is a picture of us on our wedding day--yes, I know we look like babies. Probably because we were. I was 20 and Kam was 22. We've been through all kinds of good times and more challenging times--but we've always had a strong relationship. Marrying Kam was the best decision I ever made, hands down.
4 comments:
Talk about a holiday weekend! I'm glad you had fun. :)
I'm glad you A) were born B)were able to celebrate Mother's Day with us and C)married Kam.
Happy Birthday, Anniversary, and Mother's Day. May is a rough month for Marcus...he's got my birthday, mother's day, and his mom's birthday. And his mom gets the works...so he's got to be ready for Mother's Day and her birthday. Oh the things these men do for the women in their lives:) I'm impressed with your 3 hour bike ride. I just got home from a 45 minute spin class and I'm beat! You inspire me.
What a great post. I'm glad you are happy and in love with all those people who love you so much, too!
Post a Comment