Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Falling in Love

Kameron and I went house hunting with our realtor for the first time on Monday. I had heard grueling stories from many friends about how it took them months to find the house they wanted.

I found the house I wanted in three hours.

It is in a beautiful South Hill neighborhood. It is brick and has a dome door. It has character. It has a basement. It has a fire pit in the back. I want it. I want it. I want it. Good thing Kameron wants it too. We are putting an offer on it tomorrow. I had no idea things would go this fast but like the old saying goes:

When you know, you know.

Kam and I went back to see the house last night on our own. No realtor so we knew we wouldn't get inside. We just wanted to walk around the neighborhood and gawk at the beauty of our desired home.

As we were staring at the outside of the house, some people yelled to us from accross the street.

"Beautiful house isn't it?"

"Yep!" We said.

"Come on over and we'll talk about it."

And thus we met the neighbors. They were all sitting around a table sipping wine, eating cheese. They were warm, friendly, and genuine. We loved them. They offered us wine. We declined. They said they would like Mormon neighbors-- in case of a natural disaster they knew where to find a year's supply of food. They proceeded to tell us all about the neighborhood and how tight knit they were.

Awesome.

They were so tight knit in fact that one of them had keys to the house we wanted. Did we want to look inside?

Of course.

So we ALL went in--me, Kameron, and three neighbors. We took a look. We still wanted it. And we wanted the house bad.

We called our realtor in a panic on the way home. "Are we offering enough up front? What can we do to get this house?" Our realtor told us to calm down. Once we're in negotiations, we're all right.

As long as no one else puts in an offer first.


If any one out there is wanting to put an offer on a gorgeous brick home in the South Hill; please don't. I'm in love with it and am not sure I could do without it.

Thank you.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

It sounds lovely! I hope you get it.

Heather said...

What?! So how soon could you move then? That's too fast--don't leave us yet! :)

(PS. Congrats! That sounds awesome!)

Anonymous said...

You found a house in three hours! That is amazing. It sounds absolutely lovely. I hope everything goes well.

Katie said...

You had me sold with the fire pit and the neighbors! Good luck!