Sunday, November 9, 2008

Stuff

I can't think of one major theme to sum up our lives as late--so, here is some random "stuff" in our lives:

  • Kameron received one job offer this week. The job he really wants is calling him tomorrow to talk about an offer. The other job he interviewed for stated they were calling him this next week also. We still don't know where we're going, but we are getting closer.
  • I got up at 5:45 a.m. to vote on Tuesday. I know this may not be that early to a lot of you, but to me, I felt like a super-citizen. I couldn't bear to throw away my "I voted" sticker. It is still sitting on my dresser with my shirt fibers hanging off the back.
  • The Primary Program at church is next week. I am in charge of it this year and realize as I go along that I have no idea what I'm doing. Isn't a grown-up supposed to be in charge? Do you ever feel like that? Am I seriously old enough to be doing this? It may be a little rough on Sunday but our kids are so cute that I know it will be fine.
  • I went to lunch at TGI Friday's with my co-workers on Thursday. I'm pretty sure the soup I ordered had beef broth in it. I keep waiting for a howler from some kind of secret vegetarian society telling me I'm a terrible vegetarian (I'm sorry guys! I won't let it happen again!).
  • Kameron and I are trying to plan the best way to move from St. Louis to Spokane and also go home for the holidays the same week. We tried lots of various combinations and today we finally figured it out! Kam will drive the moving truck to Utah while I follow him in our car. We'll park the truck somewhere while we celebrate Christmas. After Christmas, we'll put the things in our Utah storage unit in the truck and then drive up to Washington. We'll park the truck at a hotel while we find an apartment, and then move in. I know it doesn't seem so difficult, but it really took us a while to figure it out.
  • Tragically, my flat iron died this week. I had no idea I was so dependent on it. I'm trying to make the most out of my hair's natural curl until the new one I ordered arrives.
  • We paid only $1.91 for a gallon of gas this week. Hooray!
  • I am looking forward to having Veteran's Day off on Tuesday. Working for the government definitely has its perks.
  • We watched the new Indiana Jones on Friday. Aliens? Are you kidding me? I'm glad we rented it for $1 at the Redbox.
So there you go--the randomness of my life. Hopefully you can relate to some of it.

5 comments:

mrs. farlanderz said...

yes, where are all the grown-ups lately? it is like we are in charge of everything these days...

I am sure your primary program will go wonderfully with you in charge! I am the newly called music leader in our primary and our presentation is in 2 weeks - I am hoping those adorable little faces will be a little razzle dazzle to keep the congregations mind off some missed words...

Lindsay said...

Do you have a calling in primary then? What do you do?

Also, I just have to say THANK YOU for posting a recipe for stuffed peppers! I've been wanting to make this for a long time, but couldn't find a recipe I trusted. I will have to try this one out!

Hippi Chicki Niki said...

So, I've always been a fan of your hair curly. Yeah, flat-iron! Way to help implement my devious plan. And Em will never suspect me.

I completely understand your feelings. I'm 30 and, when people look at me to take care of business, I'm like, "Why are you looking at me? Go find an adult!" I must add that, while I type this, I am wearing a Hawaiian Hello Kitty t-shirt, SpongeBob footies, and I'm wrapped up in that purple tinkerbell blanket we bought yesterday.

Laura Barnett said...

I agree about the aliens! I couldn't believe it. It was quite the let down.

Katie said...

Spokane is beautiful! We *almost* moved to Coeur d'Alene this summer. You have a lot going on!