Sunday, November 23, 2008

Please, just one more day


So its about 9:30 p.m. on a Sunday night and it is the time of day where I start to admit to myself that I have to go back to work tomorrow. I pretty much live in denial of this fact all weekend. It's at about this time each week where I start to wonder, where did the weekend go? Why don't I have more weekend left? What did I do with my weekend? Let me think:

On Friday Kam and I ate dinner with our friends, the Hafens. Abbie made us some fabulous enchiladas (half were meatless, the other half were chicken--thanks Abbie!) and afterward we ate muddy buddies and played Clue (Yes, I won. I always win Clue. It's just how it is.). Kam and I came home, watched this week's episode of The Office online and then fell asleep on the couch. Not a bad Friday, I have to admit.

On Saturday we woke up late (of course) and looked for places to live in Spokane on the internet. We decided that we needed to fly out there to actually look at the houses which caused some stress. Then we started to think again about how we were going to go home for the holidays and move at the same time. This caused more stress. Then we started thinking about how we are going to afford buying Christmas gifts this year. Yes, you guessed it, more stress. Then we went to the temple and, of course, felt peace, which was wonderful. And then afterwards our minds started stressing again. Why do we have to do that?

Today we went to church, ate dinner (the fabulous stuffed peppers featured on this month's recipe section), talked to our families on the phone, and now I am sitting here, trying to think of something worthwhile to say on my blog--all the while avoiding getting things ready for tomorrow.

So this was my weekend. Not long enough, of course. It never is. I had about a million other things I would have liked to accomplish. But, back to work I go nonetheless. I'm definitely looking forward to a three day work week this coming week. My replacement is starting on Monday and I will begin to show her the ropes of all my cases and take her around on my visits and court hearings. I don't mind my job so much--I just like being home so much more. What do I have to do to get an eighth day of the week where I don't have to work? I'll put it on my Christmas list--maybe Santa will come through.

5 comments:

Lynzee said...

Congrats on the job Kam! We'll have to get together for a last hurrah - meaning a session of Rock Band and yummy food!

mrs. farlanderz said...

congratulation!! spokane is suppose to be so beautiful! I think the northwest is where we want to eventually end up too (if that day ever comes...), we are jealous but happy for you guys!

Lindsay said...

I'm with you. My jobs were always fine. Never my favorite, but not horrible. But I love love love being home so much more. I like being the one in charge, the one who decides the schedule and whatnot. I'm no less busy that when I was working - in fact, I'm pretty sure I'm more busy - but I love it just the same.

Sorry about all the stress. I can definitely relate, though. Moving's a sticky thing-- very good, but very complicated. Things will work out, though. They always seem to, no matter how frenzied we get. And yes, thank heavens for temples and the peace they bring. Which reminds me...I'd really like to find a sitter so Blake and I can spend some time there.

Good luck with everything! You're in my thoughts always!

Lindsay said...

Oh, and by the way...I made your stuffed peppers recipe and ...so delicious! It's definitely getting added into the repertoire. Thanks for sharing!

Hippi Chicki Niki said...

Sorry about all the stress. It will work out. Prayer helps. And who can resist Rock Band and dinner with Lynzee and Noah?