Friday, November 28, 2008

A Rebellious Vacation



Words cannot fully express how much I am enjoying my four day weekend. It's like having three Saturdays! Thanksgiving was wonderful and I lucked out by only having to make a jello-salad (my gracious host, January, provided the rest). I ate to my heart's content (to the chagrin of my stomach) and enjoyed great company. Kameron and I have been lounging around--doing things here and there that we haven't had time to do before. I have to admit that my favorite thing to do on vacation is to fall asleep each night on the couch while watching a movie. There is something about it that makes me feel like I am so irresponsible--I need to feel a little rebellious now and again (yes, this is about as crazy as it gets for me).

Although I love the freedom of falling asleep on the couch--I can't get over my bedtime routine. There are some things that I absolutely have to do or I cannot stay asleep. I have to be in my pajamas. My make-up has to be washed off. I have to have said a night time prayer. I also have to brush my teeth for two minutes, floss, and wear my retainer (this should make Farlanderz happy). If my routine is not complete, I am half asleep and half panicking about the things I still have to do. I even dream about them. For example, I may be dreaming about the best day of my life, but I just can't relax because I'm not wearing my retainer and my teeth are going to be crooked again any minute! I know I'm a little bizarre, but it's the truth.

Does anyone know of a cute little house in Spokane, WA that is in a good neighborhood, has washer/dryer hook-ups, and has cheap rent? If you do--let me know. If I knew where we were going to live, my three Saturdays would be stress-free. I wish I was only worried about brushing my teeth for two minutes...

5 comments:

jenica said...

haha! that is awesome. i'm totally the same way. while my routine isn't as rigorous as yours, i have to go through the motions to truly enjoy my sleep.

enjoy your vacation. maybe you could even eat in the living room or without silverware one evening. ;-D

Laura Barnett said...

I've loved loved loved having what felt like 3 Saturdays too! I always forget how great this weekend is. I'm glad yours was fun and relaxing. Mine was too. And now I'm almost done Christmas shopping! Yea for being done early! (hopefully)
P.S. I love the update to your blog layout- nice work! (I need to get my blog, and apartment, more festive.)

Hippi Chicki Niki said...

My rebellious Em! I'm all for you eating in the living room. he! he!

Katie said...

Oh yes - bedtime routines are very sensitive! But you're a little bit crazier than I am with the falling asleep on the couch stuff!

Heather said...

Once you've had your braces off longer, you'll relax a bit. I used to be the same way and now I don't even know where my retainer is! Also, did you know you're supposed to floss before you brush? That way all of the stuff you got out of your teeth with the floss will be brushed away (trust me, my FIL is a dentist!)