Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ode to Running


I never thought I would say this but I think I like running. I have always hated running--ever since I was a little kid. I am tall and like playing sports but never did the team thing because I couldn't handle the running drills. I could go for an hour on the eliptical machine or take an intense hour long aerobics class, but start me running and I was done after about ten minutes. About six months ago I decided I needed a new challenge and I started running on the treadmill. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I started being able to increase my time and before I new it I started to crave those endorphins that kick in right when you want to give up. I even bought new running shoes last week (I posted a picture of them. The deciding factor on the shoes was that they are pink). I write this to prove to myself that working on things that are hard can make them easier, and sometimes they can even become enjoyable. Kameron and I have been setting goals this week and I feel like I can do anything. Bring it on.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I've always hated running, too. And now I'm running a half marathon. Running is terrible and awesome - all at the same time!

Lindsay said...

Running, in theory, is a beautiful thing. I just don't like doing it. Walking? Even walking very fast? Love it. But there's just something about running that knocks the wind out of me and makes me want to die. Maybe someday I'll reach the point where I actually want to like it, but right now I'm fine keeping my distance.

Hippi Chicki Niki said...

So this is really about your recipes of the month. Did you know that you can change the post dates so that August shows up as August 2008 and September as September 2008, etc.? The perfectionist in me would do that. Since you are all perfectionist, I thought you might want to know. :)

The Jungle Explorer said...

I also hate running and have made myself do it for that very reason. (I'm weird that way. I also rock climb because I'm afraid of heights - go figure.) Since you're setting goals, you could always set a goal to train for a marathon. That'll get you to hate running again.