Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mommy Evolution

  • I'm still here.
  • I still have my two sweet little foster kids.
  • Unfortunately, I do not have any further news on whether adoption is in our future.
  • I really wish we did.
  • Baby sleeps through the night--hooray!  Toddler still takes naps--double hooray!
  • I am frequently puked on, drooled on, and have noses wiped on my shoulder.  I change mass amounts of diapers a day--and I don't even flinch.
  • I rock side to side whenever I am sitting down.  Regardless if there is a child in my lap.
  • I can recite Llama Llama Red Pajama, and countless Dr. Seuss books by heart.
  • I hum "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" when no one is around. 
  • I make awesome Lego towers and play-dough snowmen.  
  • I'm a mall playground rat. 
  • I can calm little baby down when no one else can.
  • Toddler frequently tells me he loves me and that I am a "good mommy."
  • I love both of them like crazy.
  • I'm so busy I seriously have not had time to miss work.  If I had time, I don't think I'd miss it. 
  • I'm super happy.
  • I wish I could post their pictures--they'd make you smile too.

By the way--I updated my recipe blog.  Jenee--it was mostly for you:)

7 comments:

Ducksoup said...

emily you are amazing. wow, wow, wow! talk about some lucky kids. i loved your post - - sometimes i'm standing there by myself and start rocking... gotta love it.

hels said...

Thanks for the update Em. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. You inspire me so much. I love thinking about you at home with those littles surrounding you.

The Jungle Explorer said...

Welcome to Mommy-hood. It's fantastic!

Lindsay said...

Awesome. All of it -- so awesome. I'm so happy for you.

jenica said...

they are so blessed to have you!

xoxoxodonsto

Brian and Hillary said...

It sounds like you are really enjoying yourself. How is Kameron taking all of it?

Being a mommy is fun.

Rebecca said...

So happy for you! Sounds like you are a wonderful Mommy! Those kids are lucky to have you.