Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Boring is Good

Life is going along quite nicely these days.  Kameron and I are healthy.  We have great jobs.  We have wonderful family and friends.  We're having one of those streaks in life where the days are passing along happily--with nothing too exciting to report (yes, I  just knocked on wood).  In my opinion, these streaks are good.  They help me feel like I have a handle on life and that I can accomplish what I haven't had time for in a while.  I'm not a person who craves drama or excitement.  I'm not someone who has to be entertained all the time.  I'm someone who is content with the quiet moments in life.  It's not like I really have to go looking for drama or excitement--those things seem to come into life no matter what.

I overheard two women talk the other day.  One of the women was talking about her daughter's dating life.  She stated she really liked one of the guys her daughter was dating and was disappointed that her daughter was not interested in continuing the relationship.  Her daughter felt like he was "too boring."  She responded by saying, "Honey, when you get married--you'll love boring." 

Seriously, I couldn't agree more.

Do I sit around all day long?  Heavens no.  Have we gone on some nice little outings?  Of course.  Have I been running around like a crazy person?  Not really (and I'm thankful for that).

So sorry for the lack of posts--there's not so much to report these days.  And I think that is good.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Boring is definitely good. Lately I've been wishing for just a little bit more boring at our house. But I guess busy can be good, too. :)