Sunday, March 14, 2010

Kitchen Update

I sewed curtains this week.  Shocking, I know, but it's true.  Eventhough I techincally only sewed four straight lines down each curtain I definitely think it counts.  My friend, SarahAnne, is an amazing seamstress and graciously came over to help me get started.  I think they turned out great--just don't get too close.  They're drenched in mistakes.  SarahAnne kept telling me that Monk was not coming to my house and no one would notice where I messed up.  (So, if you're Monk-like (aka: OCD), you may not want to see the picture below....).

I'm awful proud of myself--and super-excited that I one again have privacy in my kitchen.  Kameron also built an awesome shelf for my cookbooks.  He is seriously so amazing--I showed him a picture of what I wanted in a Martha Steward organizing book and he made it--no patterns or anything.  I'm very spoiled to have him.

4 comments:

Ducksoup said...

wow i am so impressed. i always love seeing new updates on the house. i love the fabric you chose. where did you get it? i have been looking for fabric to cover a cork board and also to match my blue paint on my wall... i think the fabric you have just might. please do share. also, that shelf is amazing. shelves are so expensive to buy. i'd love to have such an awesome shelf maker right at my fingertips. you two are talented!

Laura said...

nice work!

Anonymous said...

Wow girl! That is quite impressive!

Emily said...

Mary Dawn,
I bought the fabric at JoAnns after searching for a few centuries for the perfect pattern. I'm glad you like it!