
I know I haven't posted since September when our adoption profile was finally posted online. I want to thank everyone who sent kind and encouraging words to us--especially my Facebook friends! I was overwhelmed with support and promises of prayers.
It's been about three weeks since our profile has been up and it feels like it has been forever! It's exciting and nerve wracking to know that my entire life could change in a couple weeks, a couple months, or a couple years (please, not that long!). My job right now is just to stay busy--busy, busy, busy. That way I can keep my mind off things.
Here is some of what I've been doing:
- I go to work. Monday through Friday, 8-5:30. I work with pregnant women and new babies and you'd think it would make it difficult not to think about adoption. It's actually not hard at all. I love it.
- Did I ever mention we work on our house a lot? We finally got carpet installed yesterday and I'll post pictures of our house as soon as we reassemble the downstairs. Right now we are working on refinishing a door. It's taking forever so it better be the best looking door this side of the Mississippi. And the other side.
- I'm still taking piano lessons and trying to be dilligent in my practice. I finally completed level one! I also graduated to simplified hymns instead of Hymns Made Easy. Wahoo!
- I go to church, all the church activities, and try to volunteer for whatever I can. Busy, busy, busy. I'm also hoping to reap some blessings:)
- I cook, clean, do laundry, take care of Kam.
- I remind myself that I love my life! I'm good to keep going like we are until the time is right to change.
I know things will happen in the Lord's time. We have lots of faith and hope that good things are to come!
2 comments:
That's smart of you to keep busy. It makes waiting much more bearable. I hope, though, that you don't have to wait too long.
Also, yay for applesauce muffins! We devour them at our house, too.
Waiting is the worst part, because really, there's not much more that you can do, but wait...and wait...and wait. At least before, you were doing paperwork so you could feel like you were doing something to move things along. That's how I felt anyway. Good luck. We'll keep praying for you guys. Hopefully things move quickly for you, but either way, the right baby will be in your arms one day...it may be quick coming, or a little slower, but that baby will be the right one, and (s)he'll be yours.
Post a Comment