Since it's been awhile since I've played, we started from the begining. We are even using the same books that I played with as a kid. I was talking to a friend who offered to let me use some beginner books made for adults. I told her thanks, but no thanks. My favorite part about the books are the pictures that go with the songs. It's just not the same if you aren't looking at marching celery, carrots and onions when you play. I'm serious.
Eventhough right now I am only using a dinky keyboard to practice, I am hoping that when Kameron and I buy a house (hopefully in the near future) we will be able to have a real piano in the house. I can't wait. Pretty soon (I know, like in a few years) I'll be sounding like this my friends:
Isn't David Tolk amazing? He's one of my favorites.
3 comments:
Hooray for piano lessons! I'm glad you're having fun. You know, you can get digital pianos with weighted keys and everything for reasonable prices...we couldn't wait until we were in a house (heaven knows when that will be!), so we opted for the electronic option. Seriously, best purchase ever. I didn't realize how much I missed having a piano -- any piano -- at home.
I love that you decided to take lessons again! I have a dream of doing that again someday- but we have to own a piano first. (another dream of mine.) That's awesome you're using the kid books! haha! And I LOVE david tolk. I don't know too many people who even know who he is, but I've been a fan since high school. Such beautiful music!
I'm so glad you started! :)
Post a Comment