For Christmas we pitched in with my brother and grandparents to fly my parents to come visit us in Spokane. We are always thrilled to have visitors (hint to any one planning a vacation). And of course, my parents are some of the best visitors I can think of. We tried our darndest to be good hosts and show them the finer side of Washington. Here is a travel log: (I know not everyone loves travel logs--but please humor me)
We first went to River Front Park (After we ate at Maggies--which has the most amazing sweet potato fries)
The next day off we went to Seattle! We went on a harbor cruise, saw some beaches, went to Pike Market, saw some interesting street musicians and lots of interesting people. We were even asked to be hand models for a website when we were at Madison Beach (I see fortune and fame coming our way). I also dragged my parents into Trader Joes. I think they liked it.
On the way home, my dad posed like Lewis and Clark in front of the Columbia River--which he states he has waited his whole life to see (he is one of those History Channel guys). We also made a short stop at Snoqualmie Falls (which is pretty much an awesome name for a waterfall)
The next day we picked cherries at Green Bluff, went to Coeur D'Alene and Manito Park. Then we crashed and watched some movies in our basement (Matilda and Invictus). We walked around so much we all slept great every night.
It's always great to be with family. I am always motivated to be a better person after being with family--I want to make them proud. I made my parents promise to come again (although I suspect the best way to lure them here was to have a baby to show-off. But no good news yet on that front).
4 comments:
It looks like you had a lot of fun! I hear you, though -- it's hard to be so far away from family. Every get together takes so much work (and, usually, a lot of money) to pull off. It's always worth it, of course, but sometimes I wish we were all just a little bit closer.
Looks like a fun visit! I'm glad they were able to make it out there.
I can only imagine how much fun you all had. I love your parents.
You are so cute. I miss you guys! I had no idea that we where in Washington now! I wish i was back on the west coast. I enjoy reading your blog and seeing what you are up to. Continue having fun!
Sariah
Post a Comment