Monday, September 21, 2009

Farewell Ryan!

There is something about spending time with family that makes me want to be a better person. It reminds me that family is what matters most and that I want to do all I can to keep my family strong. It is also a time when I account my life to my family--it feels good when I've made good decisions--embarrassing when I haven't. I have a wonderful family and I was inspired by them again this weekend.

I arrived home today from a trip back to my homeland of Provo, Utah. My little brother (yes, he is taller than I am) is leaving on Wednesday to Paraguay to be a missionary for two years for our church. The trip was filled with friends, family, the works. I'm so proud of my brother--he is so excited and willing to serve the Lord. He's an amazing kid (I wish I could say he learned it all from me--isn't it amazing when you start looking up to your younger siblings?).

Me and Ryan




Mom and Ryan





Me, Tom, and Ryan (yes, Ryan is the star of the show)



Big Family Pictures (My mom's side)



My dad's side



Kameron had to stay behind but seemed to have survived well at home. I called him the first night I was away and asked what he had for dinner. He replied, "peanut butter cup ice cream and pizza." What? I guess he gets to go crazy when the wife isn't around. I missed him and it is good to be home.

No comments: