Saturday, September 6, 2008

Elephantitis

Since we know our days in St. Louis are numbered, Kam and I decided to try to do everything in St. Louis we wanted to do. Chances are, we will never be out here again so we might as well make the most of it. Since we have been missing mountains, we decided to go hiking at Elephant Rock which is about an hour and a half away from St. Louis. Elephant Rock is an old granite quarry that has some amazing granite formations--there are lots of huge boulders that, if you really stretch it, looks like elephants lined up in a row. It was fun to climb around on all the rocks--even if Kam often had to help me leap from boulder to boulder.





Here is a picture of Kam showing the span of one of my death-defying leaps from one boulder to another (yes, he wanted me to take this picture to mock me):




This is a picture of me on a rock that I climbed up all by myself (with a boost up from Kam--and, okay, some help down too).


We had a fabulous time! On the way back, we almost hit a little turtle in the road. We decided to pull over and move him off the road (I named him Snappy).



After we got home, our thirst for the outdoors was not satisfied so we decided to ride our bikes along Grant's Trail in St. Louis. Here is a picture of Kameron riding; isn't the trail beautiful?



The weather was wonderful today--it is finally cooling off. I get really excited when the leaves start turning and falling. I am absolutely in love with Autumn! We had a great day together (the evening will probably be spent doing laundry).

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

What a fun little adventure!