Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve at Our House

Last night it snowed. All though Spokane has many virtues, snow removal is not one of them. The slick roads squashed our New Year's Eve plans to go with some friends to Ceour D'Alene to see the Christmas lights and play board games to ring in the new year. We decided to stay home. Here's what the night looked like:

6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Sitting on the couch together, each reading our separate books. (The Book Thief for me, The Lost Symbol for Kam).

9:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Making our very favorite peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Eating enough dough to know we won't be feeling so great in about an hour.

10:00 p.m.-12:09 a.m.
Laying on the couch and watching Julie & Julia. Listening to me exclaim about every fifteen minutes how adorable Meryl Streep is in her role as Julia Child.

12:10 a.m.

Kameron looks at the clock and says, "Oh yea, Happy New Year!"

12:15 a.m.

We stumble upstairs to our bed where we promptly fall asleep.

Honestly, it was perfect.

Happy New Year.

Did I ever announce that our bathroom is completed? I promise to post pictures of it as soon as the shower curtain I ordered off Amazon comes in the mail. Its got to look pretty for its blogging debut.

Next Project? We started it tonight. We're putting a little TLC into our kitchen. Right now we are stripping off the existing paint on our windows so we can stain the original wood. It's a little crazy--but hopefully all the scraping will be worth the while.

Before pics (I forgot to take the pictures until after we applied the stripper--that is why one of the window frames looks pink):

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Isn't the Book Thief fantastic? I just finished it the other day. Wow. Just wow.

Happy New Year to you and Kam! I hope this year treats you well. :)

mrs. farlanderz said...

I agree. meryl streep is adorable playing julia. saw your parents while we were in utah and they are still just as cool as ever.

Lauren said...

Happy New Year to you too! I love The Book Thief. We read it a couple of months ago in my book club.